Sunday, July 27, 2003

CLOSE CALL

I planned to attend tonight's Praise and Worship cum Prayer Night in church since earlier last week. Yesterday, my mum suddenly "ordered" me to prepare my sis n 2 of my cousins for their exam. Normally, I'll told her about me wanna attending church for the nite, n endure her long and tedious lecture on how much hard she n dad work everyday, n how I should go give sum help in the factory during the weekend, how irresponsible I am to juz drive around when they work like mad, n how irresponsible I am for not teaching my sis for her exam, n how much worries I caused her for driving myself to church at nite, n better if i dun go at nite, bla bla bla... That's exactly how she scolded me last week when I told her I'll be driving to church... So I decide to juz go without telling her, n start the tuition earlier at 2pm.

I do the teaching on the afternoon, science n kajian tempatan... Really tiring... Then we ordered McDonalds through phone, n enjoying our dinner around 6.30pm... Then mum unexpectedly returned at 6.45pm... Uh oh... Juz as I'm about to go to church... Worse still, I told my CG leader that I'll be there by 7pm!!! So i gotta wait patiently for my mum to leave 1st, then I can only "take my leave"... But u know women... It took her a long long time b4 she finished clean-up, make-up, n dress-up... When she leave the house, it's already 7.25pm!!! I still have to fetch a fren of mine b4 i go to church!!! So a few minutes after she left, I gave my sis n cousins some math exercises n rushed out...

By the time I reached church, it's already 7.55pm... Luckily for me, my duty as an usher was very easy... Juz collect the offering n pass the prayer item lists to my CG members... Phew... Then the Praise and Worship cum Prayer Nite begins... Whoa... It's very spiritually enriching, but both physically n mentally exhausting too... We begin with an ice-breaker, then it is P&W, prayer, P&W, prayer, P&W, prayer, n so on... Of course, there's some presentation in between, like choir n mime, but it's mostly singing P&W n praying on specific areas, such as our Youth Ministry, our church building project, oversea missionaries, CGs, n our country. I haven't been so overflow with the Spirit for such a long time... Sigh... If only I can attend church more often!!! Guess I have to wait till I'm old enough bcos I can be baptized... For now, my parents dun let me... My mum is quite a devout Buddhist, n my dad told me it's best to be a free thinker... But I'll wait patiently for now, in hope that the fruit of the Holy Spirit can clearly be shown in me, so that I could be a good testimony to my family!

During the P&W, my mum actually called me!!! Nevetheless, I dun answer her call, bcos I wanna dedicated that time to God, n I want no worldly concern to distract me. I thought that she must have found out that I've already left my house... But I dun worry about it, I left everything to God. On my way home, I turned my car on a junction without really slowing down, n in 4th gear!!! I was wondering then how come that it's so hard for me to turn the wheel, until I realized that the engine was dead!!! N behind me, a car accelerate in a very fast speed towards me!!! Instinctively, I turn the keys back n fro, without stopping down the car!!! I was re-starting my engine while my car was moving!!! Luckily the driver behind my car was alert enough to slow down juz b4 he or she hit my car... Thank God!!! That really was a close call!!! I must be careful next time...

When I reached home, my parents weren't home yet. N I'm really surprised that my mum didn't call home earlier!!! Then she couldn't have known that I'm out!!! Then I figured this whole thing out... My mum tried to call home but couldn't get through the line bcos my bro was chatting with his fren... Thinking that we're connecting to the Internet, she called my handphone instead... Since I dun answer her call, she must have given up contacting us... Imagine if the line get through either of the 2 phones n she found out I'm gone... So is this coincidence? I definitely dun think so!! Indeed, God works in mysterious ways!!! My mum never found out that I went to church!!! Praise God!!! So no long n tiring scolding at nite!!! >=)

Oh n about the dog... Well, I did chained it n gave her some beating, but no extreme abuse or anything... I hoped that it got what I mean of not chewing other ppl's shoes anymore... But I doubt it understood... Stooopid dog... It was quiet the whole time I beat her... Dun even utter a sound... I suspects that it dun understand y i beat it at all... Must have been really confused... Dogs are dumb... >=( Hope I get a pair of new shoes soon!!

No comments: