Saturday, July 19, 2003

SENDING OFF JOANNE AND WATCHED RED DRAGON

Woke up early this morning... Around 7.15am. Joanne is leaving for Perth today, and sadly her parents can't go with her as planned. By 7.50am, the twins, Chung Ee (the pronunciation is very very similar to my Chinese name!!! In fact, identical!!) and Chung Meng fetch me up, together with Chin Seng. It's only after I get in the car that I know Joanne's flight is on 9.40am, and she has to leave the departure hall at 8.40am!!! Whoa, the driver, Chung Ee, drive so fast that he almost reached 180km/h at one time!!! I'm not worried bout my safety then (if it's my time to die, then die la!! Me no afraid of death!! >=) , but I'm very uncomfortable of the feeling u have when u're in a speeding car... U know, a pulled back feeling? Inertia? We reached KLIA airport in 30 minutes... Can u believe that?! Normally, it'll take 45 minutes to 1 hour!!! It's the travel time to college from my place, but double the distance!!!

The airport is strangely, very crowded today... About 20 of us are there to send Joanne off... (I hope I used to right phrase here... send off...) We take loads of pictures there... And when it's time for Joanne to leave, we keep following her on the top floor even after she has went to the lower floor... We keep on following until we can't see anymore of her... No one got sentimental then... Perhaps it's bcos she'll be back for awhile in 5 months time... One of us even exclaimed, "Why so fast?!" >=)

Then we returned back to Klang and have our breakfast at the famous Teluk Pulai Bah Kut Teh at Taman Rashna... I haven't been there for a long long time... When I'm small, my family always came here for breakfast during Sundays, until the restaurant became too famous and FAR too crowded... It's incredibly rare that u'll find a vacant table when u juz arrived... We even gave up last time after waiting for 10 minutes... But today is our lucky day!!! We manage to get 2 tables once we arrived, and one more a short while later... The Bah Kut Teh is still good, but I can't help but think that it's not as good as the good old days... Sigh... Nevertheless, it's a good meal!!!

When I've returned home, I dig for my old VCDs, and found one that I've bought a long time ago but have yet to watch... Red Dragon... It's the prequel to The Silence of The Lambs, and starring the infamous Dr. Hannibal Lecter... This got to be the most exciting and chilling of the Hannibal "Trilogy" (Red Dragon, The Silence of The Lambs, Hannibal). I'm almost can't breathe at the last 5 minutes, and I actually clasped my mouth at the climax!!! Whoa, it's been a long time since a movie really makes me so excited!!! But those who watched this juz to see Lecter will be disappointed, for he's juz the "side show" in this movie... The murders are chilling, and the plot is very exciting, but the characters failed to gain my interest/ sympathy etc. I dun really care about the lead characters, and I still dun really understand the killer's motive after I finished watching it... Guess I got to read the book to really know about it... Nevertheless, it's a pretty good movie, though not as good as The Silence of the Lambs when it comes to characters, but better than the disappointing and gross Hannibal.

No comments: