Friday, July 04, 2003

INTIMIDATION... MY STUMBLING BLOCK...

Intimidation... I've heard of this word a long long time ago... But the first time I really took notice of it was when Jayne used that word to describe what many ppl feel when they are around a particular individual (=X)... I still dun understand then, but that word kinda... fascinated me... I keep repeating that word frequently since... And now I know y... I'm an easily intimidated person!!

Indeed, I've suffered from lack of confidence... Take today for example... I've gone swimming just now at 7.30 pm, and there's a bunch of guys playing in the swimming pool... And like always, I feel very lonely when I saw them enjoying themselves, while I swim alone... like so many times b4... =( I have this strong sense of longing just to talk with them, but I can't help but worried about wat if they juz ignored me? I dowan to suffer from rejection... So I juz keep on swimming myself, then go for a sauna.

Soon, the whole gang enter the sauna too... Wow, really crowded!! Earlier, I detected a horrible stench in the sauna... I suspect someone actually pee into the hot stones, where water is sprayed on to produce the steam... Luckily it's gone now... It was then that I notice that one of them is very familiar... (I have a good memory on remembering ppl's face, but certainly not Chinese names...) I really wanna ask him where is he studying at then, but juz can't... Intimidated... The are a gang, n I'm alone...

But after I muster sufficient courage, I ask if he's from Kwang Hua... Nope, he isn't... but he mentioned he's from Taylor's... Surprised, I told him that I'm from Taylor's too, CPU. And he too looked surprised, for he is also a CPU student!! Soon we both realized that we have seen each other b4 at college!! I always see him after my period 5 Chemistry class, n he's having Chemistry class at period 6, at the same classroom!!! Wa!!! That about chance meeting!! Then the whole gang started talking to me... But I have to get out of the sauna soon... They're crazy!!! They've poured two pails of water to the hot stones!! I felt like I'm cooked inside!!! Nevertheless, I got to chat with them... and I found out that it's not so bad after all!!!

I found out that the Taylor's guy is taking physics next semester, which I will also be taking... Hopefully we'll share the same class in the next semester!! When I was driving home, my face felt uncomfortably warm, and my, am I thirsty!!! I guess I stayed too long in the sauna... Around 25 minutes I think... I must remember not to stay long in sauna for long next time!!!

So that's about it... Now that I've clearly identified intimidation n lack of confidence as my weaknesses, I'll have to remove these stumbling blocks... Hope I can make it!!

No comments: