Monday, July 14, 2003

WATCHED TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES




First I'll continue where I left off juz now. The 1st semester CPU students have a library tour juz now, but I'm kinda disappointed... No pretty girls... Sigh... But I still have hope!! Heehee... juz now juz a brief glance only ma... Tomorrow I'll observe more lo... >=)

Around 10.15am, Jayne, Sebastian n me started went to Lecture Theatre 3 to get our schedule... Met a few frens there... Sum with new looks, but mostly stay the same... Jayne keep calling my hair mushroom, but frankly I dun really get it... Y mushroom?! Guess LoTR is getting into her head after she started reading it... Hobbits luv mushrooms...

I can't help but feeling a bit disappointed when I got the schedule... Classes starting at period 2? Then wat am I supposed to do at the first 1 n a half hour after I arrived at college?? And Physics class followed by Biology class?? Wow... Dunno if I can stand such "heavy dose" of infomation without resting or going through other "lighter" subjects... Perhaps I'll appeal for changes... Time will tell... I'm also kinda disappointed that I dun get Mr. Razal as my Econs teacher, but Mr. Kuah instead... Well, hope he's good!!

Then I joined Jayne and her frens, Abbas and Kenny, to watch Terminator 3 at Sunway Pyramid. We catch the 11.40 am show, which surprisingly only cost RM 7 per person. Well, the movie is not bad, but definitely not a classic like T2 (I can't really remember T1... I watched it once when I was juz a boy... But the critics luv it!!). It lacks emotional depth, and not much ideas are explored here... The terminators, T-X and T-101, no longer felt threatening... They're kinda like... Road Runner and Wild E. Coyote... (Think beep beep!!!) I can't felt the tension when the two terminators started bashing at each other with toilet bowls (U heard that right!!)... Juz a bunch of indestructible machines destroying everything around them...

I luv T2 not only bcos of the action scene, but also the emotional depth... I espeacially like the father-son bond between John Connor and T-101... As Sarah Conner described, T-101 is the perfect father to John... And when he sacrificed himself in the end, I must say that I'm touched... But as for T3, as the terminators get terminated, I can't help but thinking, "Good riddance!!" Strangely, the stars of Teminator 3 ain't the terminators, but John Connor and Kate Brewster, a vet who happens to be the daughter of a general in charge of Skynet. At the second half of the movie, I'm more interested in whether or not the 2 of them managed to stop Judgement Day rather then watching two mindless robot bashing each other without a sense of art... If u disagree with me, juz watched T2 again... Every time the T-1000 (The liquid metal guy) starts chasing the good guys, u can't help but feel tense and thinking how the heck are they going to escape from that dude?!

Nonetheless, T3 is better than I expected... Old Arny dun look like 50+ years old at all, and T3 must be the funniest among the three Terminator movies. The action scenes will easily satisfy those who watched the show juz to enjoy the action... Terrific action scenes!!! Unfortunately, that's wat the whole movie about... An action movie in a sci-fi "skin"... I was hoping for more ideas, more thought-provoking themes... Sad sad... But still not a bad movie... If action is all u want, I heartilly recommend it... But dun go watching it if u want some serious stuff... There are speculation that a sequel is unevitable (Juz as Judgement Day is unevitable.. hehe), but pesonally I dun think so, since the future has already begun!!! Unless they wanna show us the war between Man and Machine... Then they'll have to change the title... Terminator 4: Attack of the Cyborgs or The Human Resistance Strikes Back or sumthing!! >=) One last funny thing... The movie is rated "U" here, but it's rated "R" in the US!! Indeed, they did do some censoring, but still, I think it deserves a 18... Is the Censorship Board weird or what?!

After returning from Sunway Pyramid, Jayne left her file in the taxi... Aiyo, I think she must not go to Sunway Pyramid la... Last time, she lost her handphone there... Now, she left her file after returning from there... Talk about bad luck!! Or izzit juz that she never learn? Hahaha... Jayne, if u're reading this (sure u will!! ;D ), dun be mad!! Just kidding!! Anyway, she got her file back at the end... She returned to Sunway Pyramid!!! Wow... burning money la... That's RM 18 she has spent on these taxi trips!!! She gonna be "bankrupt" soon!! >=)

No comments: