Thursday, July 03, 2003

POOR MALACCA-MANIPAL MEDICAL COLLEGE'S GRADUATES

The graduates of Malacca-Manipal Medical College need to sit for an "exit examination", which is meant for students from unrecognized universities, to be qualified as a doctor... I pity the first batch graduates... Imagine, after suffering for so long at Manipal College, India (The standard of living is very low there, and the course is also extremely tough), and 5 years of hard work, they have to sit for the test... My cousin is currently at Manipal studying medicine now... Personally, I think it's unfair that the Malaysian Medical Council requires the graduates to sit for the test, since the course had already received accrediatation from LAN (National Accreditation Board)... Then again, perhaps this wouldn't affect my cousin, since he's the fifth batch I think, and some corrective measures can be taken in this period of time... Well, I hope n pray that everything will be fine in the end!!

No comments: