Wednesday, July 16, 2003

FIRST DAY OF CLASS

My first class at period 2 dun start till 10.30 am, but I've already arrived at college by 7.45 am!!! After I kill my time reading LoTR n surfing the net in the library, I finally entered my first class- Economics. Well, since none of the teachers have started to teach yet, I can't really make a judgement on whether is he a good teacher. Mr Kuah is very... erm... breezy, so the atmosphere of the class is very relaxed... That's a good start!! Let's hope that he's a good teacher then!! Next, after break, I have Physics class... Mr. Robert Gillick, my Physics teacher, talks in a very... flat and dull tone, and he have a thick Canadian accent... I have a little problem understanding wat is he talking about... Hopefully I'll get used to it soon!! Then it's Biology, and the teacher is Mrs Joanne Lim... Imagine my surprise when I found out that she's not a Chinese, but a Caucasian!! I was like... Huh?! She's my bio teacher, Mrs Joanne Lim? A Canadian?! Later we found out that she changed her surname to Lim after she is married to a local Chinese guy!! She also mentioned that she is at Malaysia for 12 years already!! She talks funny, like a bird chirping... Very fast and timid... We're having all sorts of weird activities in that period, like playing Bingo (not the Bingo u think, it's like a paper with 25 squares, n in each squares there are different statements like "has a pet cat" and "cannot resist chocolates", and u need to get the names of any classmates that have those description. When u get five in a row, u win!!), doing name cards for one another so that she could remember our names, and exchange telephone numbers so that we can contact one another if we need help... After my last class, it's already 2.30pm... shucks!!! Not only today, but my classes will finished at 2.30 pm everyday!!! My bus leaves at 2pm!!! So I have to wait for the 4pm bus!!! Argh... Guess I have no other choice... >=( Well, can't wait for lessons to begin tomorrow!!!

No comments: