Wednesday, August 20, 2003

COLLISION N TALK


Bad bad car collision...


Watched a video on Collision today in my Physics class... Wow... One of the best educational video I've ever seen! Yes, it's dated, the late 80's or early 90's, I think, with all those funny hairstyle n bad fashion, but hey, it didn't matter! There were loads of fascinating collisions, between cars, car falling down from a ramp, plane crash, train crash (the whole line explodes! Whoa... Carnage!!!) dummies flying from seat n slammed on the wall, with all their necks n limbs twisted into unnatural position... *shivers*

Even though the dummies are lifeless - the video mentioned that they used dummies due to "lack of volunteers". I find that very funny! >=) - I can't help by flinch when I see all the dummies flung outside from the car with their limbs flinging to all directions... There's one that's espeacially horrifying... 3 "kids" sitting at the back of a van, n a car hit the van from behind, causing the van to accelerate a lot all of a sudden. Due to the inertia of the "kids" which resist the acceleration, their velocity are slower than the van's, causing them to flung backwards, break the glass, fly out from the van, n hit the car behind, while some get crushed by the tyres... *flinch*... The horror...

Furthermore, since a lot of the collisions were shown in slow motion, I can't help but reminded of The Matrix... Heehee... All the destruction n carnage in slow-mo... Wow... Fascinating... Espeacially watching the whole line of a train crashing, burning, exploding, yet still keep on moving due to its high momentum... And there's one with a car dropping from a ramp, falling in projectile motion, until the front part of the car hit the ground 1st. The car still keep on moving in with the frontal part on the ground n the "driver" facing downward to the earth until friction slows it down... Wow... It's like watching all the scenes from all decent action movies play continuosly... Juz cool!!!

Attended the IMU talk at 3pm... Whoa... At least 250 students attended the talk!! I can only spot a few CPU students... Less than 10... Sigh... Feeling so alien again... N I'm also determined to push all my effort to score as high as possible in my course after seeing so many possible ppl who are interested in entering IMU... The competition will be very intense... I must be in top form to get into IMU!!! The talk was not very infomative to me, since I've already known a lot bout IMU from my cousin, who studied there a few years ago (He's currently at Univesity of Auckland, New Zealand). But still, the pics make it easier for me to imagine life in IMU. The top student for the past 5 intakes were shown... 4 from SAM, 1 from A Levels... All the SAM students started cheering, while my face turned red and my face n ears grew hot... Y? I myself dunno... Embarassed? No. Anger? No. Disappointment? No. Left behind? Maybe.

Then they show us the students who made it into the dean's list (consistent high performers), I'm glad to see that there are 3 CPU students who made it... amidst 30+ SAM students n 30+ A-Levels students... <=( Ahem, anyway, I certainly do hope that I could made it into the dean's list if I ever enter IMU... My cousin didn't make it b4... So I guess it's really a tough challenge... And judging from my performance now, I think I still have a long way to go... Perhaps if I get an average of 93 in CPU, I'll stand a better chance... Gotta pull up my socks for it!!!

Unfortunately, I can't stay back for the last part of the talk, which is the one I most wanted to hear... Blame it on the bus driver... Sigh... Well, a friend of my friend did stay back... Hopefully he'll told my friend all about the 3rd part tomorrow, n my friend to me... But for sure some of the infomation will be left out... Sigh... Well, guess I can do nothing with that... The bus came at 4.10 pm sharp, n I forgot to remind Mr Ho to wait for Jayne!! Not until when I'm near Carrefour that I remember about it. I dunno y, but I have this memory that Jayne told me she'll be staying back instead of calling the bus driver to wait for her... Guess I brood on the past for too long after the talk that my mind stayed at the past when I enter the bus... Sorry Jayne!! <=)

1 comment:

Used Toyota Supra said...

This kind of blog always useful for blog readers, it helps people during research. your post is one of the same for blog readers.