Saturday, August 02, 2003

FELLOWSHIP DAY...

So Fellowship Day has come and gone... Sigh... I'm feeling so sad now... Not the type of depressing sadness, but kinda of a reflective, beautiful sadness... The last 6 hours have been so memorable... juz like all the Fellowship Day b4!!! But partings are so painful... espeacially when u know that's it's very unlikely to meet all the new frens again... Yaya, I know, we can chat through ICQ etc... But from my past experiences, this I know... Friendship cannot be maintained through ICQ alone, espeacially frienship that has juz started... Sigh... I've get to know so many new frens, but it's juz so sad to think that we may never meet again... <=(

Anyway, let's start from the beginning. Left home early this morning, around 7.35am, together with my bro, my cousin n his fren. Then, went to Berkeley Garden to fetch Ian's good fren Daniel. When we reached KCMC, we registered and chat with the ppl there. After an opening ceremony with water balloons throwing down at us (I manage to escape from being hit all the way!!), I know that this will be the wettest n dirtiest Fellowship Day yet in the history of KCMC!!! After singing praises, we r divided into groups... N as always, my group is very unique... Like the past two years too...

Well, since many new frens came bcos youth members of our church brought them along, they specifically arranged the new frens in the same group with our church members who brought them along... And my group is consisted of 2 church members n their own gang!!! One gang has 3 members, n the other 1 has 7!!! I would prefer if we never knew each other b4 when we r arranged into oue group, so that we can interact as a group instead of sticking to their own cliques... But basically, it's still fine... No black sheep... But I guess we're juz not enthusiastic enough... So as usual, behave like a mad child, in hope that I can boost up their morale... Oh btw, I saw Nadia at the b4 Fellowship Day began... Nadia from CPU... But I dun see her anywhere when the game started... Must have left early...

There are 5 games that we played. Here's basically wat we played... In Balloon in the Bucket, we r supposed to carry ballons filled with water (n coated with a yellow, smelly thingie... dunno wat...) using old newspaper ran zig zag forth n back, then break the ballon with the newpaper. On the way, our opponents will throw plastic bags filled with water at us.

The next game is called Trade Centre. A list of items and "price" is shown, which include T-shirts, wallet, shoes, hairband, handphone, cards etc. We r supposed to give as much as we can, i.e. One T-Shirt is RM 50, so with 5 guys taking off their T-shirts n put it on the table, we have 50 points. The group with the highest points wins. This game is not so fair for our group, since the opponents consist of 10 guys while ours only 5!!! Needless to say, all the guys took off their T-shirts!!! Still, we can harly win, since that girls can't juz took off their T-shirts, rite? Of course, girls have jewelery that can get a lot of marks too, but later on, there are bonus round in which there are all kinds of challenges. The group that wins the challenges get to take an item from the opponent group... N sad to say, we lost a gold footband that cost 1000 points!!

The 3rd game is Rat Race. First, a member of a group will run to the opposite side, dip their face into a bowl filled with flour, get a sweet in the flour using mouth only, spat the sweet into a container, get a string n run back. Then, the person's leg is tied to the next member's leg, the dip-face-get-sweet-spat-get-string-run-back-tied-another-member process continues. In the end, the whole group members will be tied on their legs n repeat the whole process. The one with the most sweets in the container n the fastest wins.

The 4th game is Tag n Run, which to me, is the least fun of all. The guys will have 2 bananas stuck between their fingers, n the girls will have pegs (The one u used to hang ur clothes to make it dry) on the tip of their shirt at the back. The guys are to try to "steal" the opponent's males' banana from their hands, n the for the girls, the pegs. Furthermore, there's two bucket of water+flour+twigs+something incredibly smelly thingie at each opponents' side. A member can first dip his head into the foul smelling water in one of the bucket, then pick up a spoon in the other bucket filled with the same smelly water n try to scoop up the marbles in it, then take it to his own side of the bucket. The group with the most banana/pegs/marbles wins!! But in the end, most of our bananas are squished!!!

The last game for our group is the most physical demanding n dirtiest of all, called Obstacle Race. We have to crawl through mud puddle without getting entangled in the strings less than a feet above the puddle, then going through "tunnel of circles", jump through see-saw, slide from... er... slides, Elephant turn for 2 rounds, climb into a dark "house" to find the ribbon of the right number, then climb out again... Whoa... I was really messed up then!!! But I enjoyed that the most!!! And at 12pm, our game ends...

We clean up ourselves, n when the results were announced, I'm not surprised to find out that we r in the 2nd last place... Sigh... Groups under me have never won b4 in 3 consecutive years of Fellowship Day... I wonder izzit juz me lousy or the whole group... We have our lunch then, n I chat with my group members... They think that I'm childish, eventhough most of them are juz 3 years younger than me!!! (It's kinda expected actually, since that's how I behave usually when I'm happy!!!) But I believe that I have to behave this way to pull up their spirits... They're juz so... unenthusiastic... Then comes the sad partings... Sigh... I get to know so many new frens, but many of them I know will nv meet again... Until next year, that is!!! But next year is juz too too long... Sigh... Well, I'll still hope on that we may meet again soon!!! >=)

No comments: