Sunday, August 24, 2003

REDEDICATION AND zZz...

Yesterday night is a night to be remembered... Well, let me start from the beginning... I went to my aunt's condo for a swim yesterday after I returned from college. When I was about to change, I found out someone sms me... Yong Yong said that we won't be having a CG this week, for they'll be going to attend a Hawaii Nite at Grace Church, n they invited me to join them... But the problem is, I have no idea where Grace Church is!!! She said it's at Taman Chi Liung, but that means absolutely nothing to me!!! So, I decided to go to MIF instead... Wow... I have no idea what the decision will lead me too... Actually, I dun think it's a decision at all... It's God's will...

Well, the programme that nite is ABC Nite, ABC as in Air Batu Campur (or Ice Kacang if u still dun get it -_-"). Everyone who attend will be served with Ice Kacang. But more importanty, it's a Gospel Nite. That is, the gospel will be preached to all who attend. I'm very glad that I see a lot of new faces around... But sadly there were fewer familiar faces... Sigh... Guess it's bcos the PMR n SPM hysteria have begun... The deco that nite is quite interesting... It has the air of a fancy restaurant with all the tablecloth, candles, dim light etc.

After we enjoyed our ABC n watched the presentation (mime and songs), Pastor Chee Mei gave her testimony... As I hear her story, I can't help but reminded of a line from a song, Killing Me Softly... ...Singing my life with his word... Well, ok, she didn't sang, but what her past experience was so so similar to mine... Her search for love/acceptance and success to fill the emptiness of life... Well, of course the details are different, but the attempt to achieve success n find acceptance in this wretched world is very similar to mine...

All the vanities of achieving these so-call "success", whether it's fame, academics, wealth, power etc. I remember my search for the Truth and meaning of life, n how I found it in the end, in the loving embrace of Christ Jesus... I will forever remember that night when I accepted him as my lord n saviour...

But more importantly, her talk also reminded me of how much I've depended on myself rather than relying on God's strength. I'm juz so used to being the master of myself, n being achieving everything by myself... Nevertheless, I've made my decision that night of relying on God completely instead on juz myself in the future... So I guess I'll start with the Econs test next week...

I've been sleeping the whole day today... Dunno y... I'm juz very weak n sleepy... I woke up at 10.15 am, ate my breakfast, watch TV, then sleep again at 12pm, only to wake up at 4.15pm... Scary, eh? My morning n afternoon became my night... Heehee... Well, I guess I'll do my homework tonight then... One thing is for sure... I won't be sleeping early tonite! Heehee... Oooo I'm starving now... Kyros Kebab, here I come! Actually, I juz ate Kebab with fries 3 hours ago... Nvm, this time it will be Kebeb in Lebanese Bread!!! >=)




No comments: