Sunday, August 10, 2003

MUSIC MATTERS... OR IMAGE?!



My my, juz take a look at Beyonce's newest album cover... Yes, I know she has a beautiful figure, and it's ok if she wanna show off with it, but didn't she juz crossed the line? I mean, juz look at her! Wearing nothing above her waist except... strands of jewels?! Alright, u may say that I'm in no position to judge where the "line" should be... But tell me, y such a seductive (ahem) portrait of urself in ur album cover? I's about the music, not the... erm... visually stimulating images, rite? That's so awful!!! N stop drooling at the picture, guys!!! >=)

I like Destiny's Child music once... U remember all their early catchy tunes? Bills, Bills, Bills, Say My Name, n Jumpin' Jumpin'? Then comes the splitting... N then Beyonce started to cover less n less of her skin. I dun mind artiste showing off their figure (as long as they dun go as far as J.Lo in video "I'm Glad"... Eeee... Gives me the chills juz to think of it... >=@ ), but if they're so keen on showing off their figures instead of their songwritings/ vocals/ musical talents, y not go for modelling in the 1st place?! Music is to be appreciated with our ears, not our eyes!!! I do sorely miss the nice sweet Beyonce of the past... Sigh... <=(

Oh well, gotta study for my Econs test now... 3 tests next week!! I hope I can handle it!!

No comments: