Thursday, August 21, 2003

FEAR OF PLAGIARISM

Passed up my Microeconomics Newspaper Analysis to Mr. Kuah today for feedback, and except for a few minor mistakes, Mr Kuah said it's a good piece. As soom as I returned to my seat, ppl were swarming all around me to borrow my paper. Since I believe in free flow of infomation, I borrowed them without question. But it's kinda scary when I observed some of my classmates "dissect" my paper, scrutinize the details so intensely that I worry they will incorporate it into their essay. Well, I dun mind if they read through and get some ideas what to write about... but to scrutinize? Those are my ideas, dude! Stick to ur own! I'm willing to assist if anyone needs my help, but to steal my ideas is juz too unbearable!!! >=(

Then the guy beside me, whose identity I will kept secret here, wanted to borrow the paper from me and photostated it!!! He said that he will not make it very obvious that he's copying from me, and even ask me will I be bothered by the notion... Being a over-helpful guy, I agreed... How could I dun? Juz say no straight to his face? That's juz so not me... But am I bothered? Sure I am!!! I spent hours thinking all the points, putting them all together, then phrase n rephrase my words!!! N it takes juz a few minutes for a person to rephrase my essay into his own!!! Dang, I really dun like this idea... I hope my knowledge could help my fellow classmates to score better, but I certainly disapproved anyone plagiarizing my essay (he may call it "reference", but it's still plagiarise to me)!! But how am I going to tell him so??? Sigh... Need help!!!

I always used by others when it comes to academics... I'm not boasting myself that I'm very clever or anything, and also I'm very willing to help others. But I am aware of all these... manipulation. I'm not aware, mind u, n I'm wiser than I look (again, this is not a self-boast, but self awareness). But I still let them do the things they do while pretending I dun notice it... Am I doing the rite thing? If this is wrong, wat then should I do? Juz say straight to their face "NO!!"?? Sigh... I'm juz not that kind of person... <=( So wat I'm supposed to do? HELP!!!!

Met 2 of my friends from secondary school at the hawker stalls opposite my house... Well, they dun changed much, except one of them looked rougher n changed his specs. Guess wat? They said I look more matured!!! Hahahaha... That's a great compliment to me!!! Too many ppl have complained that I'm childish n naive. Well, I am child-like, but certainly not childish! Juz like the Elves in Middle Earth, who possessed the most extreme happiness n sorrow. So I'm child-like, yet sorrow-wise! >=) Heehee... Anyway, back to the meeting. We have a nice chat while we were drinking cendol/ ice kacang... Seems that all my frens at form 6 dislike where they are studying now... Guess I made the right choice in studying at CPU!!!

Oh... that reminds me... I heard from my frens that the IMU representatives dun mention the entry requirments to IMU for CPU students at all!!! HOW DARE THEY!!!!! Whoa.... we're like so forgotten!!!! Oooooo I really wanna show them!!! I really love CPU, n I can't stand ppl ignoring our existence!!! Some of my fren in CPU said that we're looked down upon, but I say we aren't even in their sight!!! I gotta slammed that with a sledgehammer or something... Gotta do something big... but what? Gotta do something, gotta do something... Ye shall hear more from me, IMU!!!! >=)

No comments: