Wednesday, August 13, 2003

THE SEARCH FOR MY UNCLE

As soon as I entered my grandma's house after I returned from college, my grandpa asked me if I'm free to take him for a ride around Klang Town. Curious at the request, I ask him more about it, since it's about to rain, and if it isn't important, I would prefer not to go. Then I found out that my uncle was missing... again. He's been away for 2 hours, n my grandparents suspect he has gone drinking. So off we go, me n my grandparents, to his usual stop for drinking, bout 6 kilometers away. Then, my grandpa goes up the stair at the shophouse to look for him... Can u picture that? 2 late 60-year-old couple seaching for their 50-year-old son who's gone drinking...

I can't help but dislike my uncle... He's already 50 years old, but he's behaving like a spoiled kid. Everytime he's free, he'll go drinking until he's seriously drunk. In fact, to make him has less free time, my grandparents (n perhaps someone else from my mum's side... I'm not sure) arranged for him to study at university at night. Still, that dun stop him to continue drinking, n sometimes my mum, who's very busy in her work, has to waste her time searching for him when he's off... Sigh... Dun he feel embarassed by all these??

Well, soon my grandpa came down with my uncle, who really looks blur. He can't even remember where he parked his car... Me n my grandma decide to turn a round to help looking for his car. After a big turn, we still couldn't spot his car, but we no longer see the both of them. So we figured that they must have found the car, n went back together. On the return trip, I was thinking on how I never ever taste alcohol in my life... NOT EVEN SHANDY!!! N looking at my uncle's condition, I'll probably stay away from alcohol for a long long time, if not for life! He's like enslaved by alcohol... Kinda like how Gollum is enslaved by the One Ring...

After I put my grandma home, I saw wat seems to be an argument between my grandpa n uncle... Not sure, for I didn't come down from the car, but my uncle seems to be mad. When I reversed out of the house, my uncle actually give me a "sorry" sign, which I flatly acknowledged. He really is a weird man... Juz dunno how to deal with him... Lock him in a room when he's free? My grandma is suffering from high blood pressure, so hopefully my uncle is not making her more sick by his insatiable appetite for alcohol... >=(

No comments: