Friday, August 08, 2003

ONE HOUR BLACKOUT

I was watching Metropolis for the 1st 30 minutes when suddenly, the tv screen goes blank n we're all sunk into total darkness... Blackout!!! Sheesh... Of all days!!! Metropolis is only shown twice in the whole month!!! Disappointed, I searched for my handphone to light up my surroundings... No torchlight in my house currently... So gotta use my handphone to illuminate the house... Kinda reminds me of Moria in The Fellowship of the Ring... "Let me risk a little more light..." n my surroundings glows in blue!!! I'm also reminded of a trip I have to Gua Tempurung... When we were deep inside the cave with our torchlight, the tour guide asked us to switch off our torchlight temporally... The result is very freaky... TOTAL DARKNESS!!! It's like staring into an abyss!!! Nothingness!!! The shock of it stayed in my mind all this time... U guys have to see it (or should I say... see nothing... duh) >=) to believe it!!!

After 30 minutes, I can't stand the heat anymore, so I took a walk outside. To my right, lights n night life... To my left... I behold Necropolis, the City of the Dead... Wat a major blackout!!! So I stroll around, observing how ppl kill their time while waiting... Some juz bicycle around or take a stroll like me, some parked their car facing their house with the car lights on while reading newspaper, while others light up candles... And some juz shut themselves in... I wonder how they stand the heat?

The blackout ends an hour later, n I hurriedly resume watching Metropolis... only to feel lost bcos I can't connect the story anymore... But it seems to be a cross between The 2nd Renaissance of the Animatrix n Terminator 3: Rise of the Machine... U noe, humans made robot, robot took over labour, human mistreat robot, robot mad, one super robot created by human to rule the world, but instead rationalize that humans are no longer needed, thus starting to destroy mankind... Cliche... Yawn... Out of ideas, I guess... I'm kinda sick of sci-fi that are related to AI already... Overused...

Oh b4 I forgot, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SIS!!! Yup, today's her birthday! 8th of August, juz 5 days after mine! N guess wat? My family are going to celebrate both me n my sis' birthday on Sunday! Or at least, that's wat mum said... Subjects to change... 80% probability, in fact... We'll see...

No comments: