Monday, August 25, 2003

THE END OF THE AMAZING RACE... <=(

Well, that's it... The end of The Amazing Race 4... My heart was pumping like mad, my hands were cold and clammy, my legs shaky, n I'm so excited that I couldn't stay seated but keep on walking around while staring at the screen... Who will win the race? Since a few episodes ago, I'm almost 100% sure that David and Jeff will be the team that win the race, bcos they hardly bickering at one another (unlike Kelly n Jon) and they are very competent... But I'm very disappointed even durong the beginning of the finale... They jumped into a flight too fast without considering the consequences... In the end, they were so far behind the other team that I know they goners.

I was excited all over the finale... N guess who win in the end? Reichen n Chip... The gay married couple... Well, I dunno wat I should feel about that... I'm not homophobic, but it's wrong to have homosexual union... That's y I can nv support them throughout the race, eventhough they r a competent team... Kelly n Jon lose out by juz a few minutes... The poor engaged couple... Well, so it ends...

Everytime when I read a trilogy/series or watched any TV series, I will always feel a mild sadness n regret when it's over... The Lord of the Rings, The Death Gate Cycle, n now The Amazing Race are the few examples... I kinda regret I didn't start watching the race until around episode 6 or 7... Well, I never was the kind of person who follow an entire TV series, since my parents will roar at me if I did that... But I kinda hooked on the Amazing Race 4 after I get to know the teams...

And when the series ends, I feel kinda like saying goodbye to all the teams... Never to see them again... I'm like traveling with them the second half of the race, going through tough times n happy moments... N now it's The End... Sigh... At least it's not as sad as when I finisehed reading The Lord of the Rings for the 1st time... I even regretted I've read so hurriedly (I finished the whole story - almost 1000 pages - in a month!!)... It's kinda like saying goodbye to all the amazing characters that I get to know so well throughout their Quest... That's y I keep on "revisiting" Middle Earth with them now by rereading the book... As I've said b4, I'm currently in my 4th reading now... But sadly, the emotional impact on me is not that strong anymore... Sigh... <=(

Hopefully there's an Amazing Race 5 or replays of the earlier Amazing Races!!!

No comments: