Saturday, August 30, 2003

PIRATES N NEUROLOGICAL CONSULTANT



Johnny Depp (left) as Captain Jack Sparrow and Orlando Bloom (remember Legolas?) as Will Turner in Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.


Juz cam back from watching Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - Long title, eh? >=) - Well, the show is better than I expected. There are a few flaws, of course, espeacially some really lame jokes, bad script, over-exaggeration, and long running time (2 hours 15 minutes!!!). But watching Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow is worth the ticket price already! >=) I don't have a sufficient command in vocabulary to describe his acting, but heck, he's great!!! Somehow, Jack Sparrow's image reminds me of the desert pirate character in Couching Tiger Hidden Dragon played by Zhang Zhen. And let's not forget the great digital effects and action scenes!!! I gave the movie 3.5 stars out of 5!!

Went to the airport this morning to receive my cousin who's studying at Manipal College, India. He came out after an hours wait, and my, has he thinned!!! Well, I'm not very surprised actually, for the standard of living there is very very low... But guess what? He lost 10 kg!!! Wow... I can't believe my own eyes then when I saw him walking out... Oh ya, met Samantha from my Physics class in the airport too. She was there to receive her sister/ cousin (I dunno) who was coming back from Manipal College too. The funny thing is, I've this intuitive feeling that I'll meet someone from CPU in the airport even b4 I enter the airport... Freaky, eh?

Ok now, bout yesterday... I've walk to Subang Jaya Medical Centre after my classes are over. It's farther than I expected... The hospital always appeared close to the college when I'm in the bus... My bro was there for a EEG test, and both my parents were there. We talk to the neurological consultant after the EEG is done. My first impression on the consultant is not a good one... Well, she's good in her job, but a bit... erm... blunt lo... I always pictured doctors as friendly and concern on the patients... But she's very serious and a no-joke lady. Well, seems from the EEG, she told us that my bro's brain did engage in abnormal activities, and recommend medication to my bro for 2 years, at least!!! Well, I prefer him not taking it, for it's not good to be dependant on drugs for so long... Furthermore, these drugs have side effects... But in the end my bro n parents made the decision to go for the medication. So yesterday is the 1st day my bro start his medication of at least 2 years, n if all things goes well, he'll meet the consultant again in 1 month time. The bill is... RM 550+!!! Whoa... $$$... Well, that's but the BEGINNING... I wonder how much will the total cost be... *Shivers*

No comments: