Tuesday, August 12, 2003

MORMON "MISSIONARY"!!!

I came out of the library late today n was planning to have my lunch at Mee Yoke... Only to find that it's closed... So off to Tijuana! When I was close to Kiosk, there's this tall American who approached me, shook my hand, n started to introduce himself. I began to suspect that he's a Christian preaching the gospel, until he show me a card... The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints... Then the word "MORMON!!!" sprung out of my mind... N instantly, I felt a variety of emotion: uneasy, alert, surprised, curious...

Well, surprisingly, he ain't pushy! We're juz like having a conversation... But my mind is in a very alert state. Who wouldn't if u r aware that u r talking to a cult member? He talked about the Book of Mormon, how it is God-inspired, n it goes hand-in-hand with the Bible etc. There's also some mentioned about early American histories n such. Well, all the time I was worried that he will ask for my contact number, but luckily he only ask about where I live (as in which town). They asked me when will I be free, bcos they wanna share with me about the Book of Mormon. Well, I told him I'm busy lately, which is very true, since I'm having 3 tests this week! So, he only gave me a brochure in the end, n told me to call them if I'm interested in anything. Phew...

Still, it's quite an unnerving experience... For those of u who wanna know wat's Mormonism n wat's wrong with their beliefs, click here. Earlier, I encountered another cult. 2 Jehovah Witnesses visited my house!! (Click here for info about them.) It's kinda scary encountering them, n to know that they have not been idle, but spreading the false gospel actively... <=S I dunno wat I should do with them, but I sincerely I hope that I will not meet any more cult members in the future!

No comments: